Hehe - reminds me of when my wife and I got married years ago and got
our very first microwave.
In with a pack of sausage rolls. Up with the timer. 30 seconds later
smoke pouring out of the microwave, cases of sausage rolls done to a
Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.
Certainly not - but I was just curious how often you'd use an oven for
only 15 minutes to make a fast warm up essential.
I'm no expert cook BTW. As if you couldn't guess. But I find the microwave
super for most veg etc.
*Heart attacks... God's revenge for eating his animal friends
Dave Plowman firstname.lastname@example.org London SW 12
There's some good research to show that vitamins break down faster in
microwave ovens than in other cooking methods. Sadly, I can't find it
on Google in among the storm of loons with tinfoil hats on ...
"The road to Paradise is through Intercourse."
[email me at huge [at] huge [dot] org [dot] uk]
Restricting your search with site:news.bbc.co.uk often cuts down on
the loon factor, and once you're got an author or journal name, you
can follow that up.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3188558.stm is, I think, what you
are thinking of.
| There's some good research to show that vitamins break down
| faster in microwave ovens than in other cooking methods.
That's good isn't it, it makes them more digestible?
(convinced that pasta is both a protein and a fresh vegetable)
Mostly fish fingers and chips or similar for the kids. To think, when she
was 2, she used to eat Thai green curry, fellafal and salad, amongst other
things. She grew out of that phase, unfortunately.
One is that they chuck out lots of heat: friends of ours have one and in the
summer it makes their kitchen unbearable. This is one area electric has the
advantage: because there are no waste gases to dispose of (into your living
area) all the heat can be kept inside the oven.
They're also inherently safer as there's no gas to possibly escape if the
flame supervision mechanism goes wrong, or possibility of poisonous fumes
from incomlete combustion.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.