Built in cooker advice required

Any kitchen fitters out there?
I have recently bought a house with a fitted kitchen minus the appliances. A space has been provided for a "built in" oven under the worktop, i.e.there is a carcass into which the oven will fit.
Any shop I go into will gladly supply a "built under" which will fit but they all have legs, and don't require a carcass. In fact I spoke to hotpoint today and they said the warranty would be invalidated if I removed the legs, because the airflow around the cooker would not be as designed. Which sounds reasonable.
However in reality would it actually matter if I removed the legs and slipped one into a carcass? Do the external sides and bottom of the oven get hot/warm? If so would it be sufficient to cause a fire risk?
Anyone out there know of a manufacturer who still makes a built in double oven, which fits in a carcass 570mm wide and 700 high? The last kitchen I fitted was 6 years ago and things have obviously changed.
I think the reality of the situation is that the carcass was prepared for a built in single oven.
On a secondary point how much clearance is required between a gas hob in the worktop and the oven below?
Many Thanks
Charlie - my email is not a hotmail - replace the dashes as appropriate.
Charlie wrote:

bellend still make a single fitted IIRC.
Niel, former bellend service engineer.
Check out Neff, I know for a fact that they do just what you require. i think neff.co.uk will probably get you to the website.

In fact this is what you want http://www.neff.co.uk/438783.html

Try Hot and Cold Inc, Golborne Road. They have loads. Bosch, Neff, AEG etc.