building regulations and non vented systems

What do BR inspectors require when inspecting a new boiler and unvented how water cylinder?

Are there any pieces of paper my plumber need to give me that the inspector will ask for?

Even if the inspector doesn't ask for them will *I* need them myself?

Reply to
skeet_drs

Mmm. I believe that installation by qualified personnel is all that is required. My BCO took a look at it and said 'OK, but put a guard round the safety valve exit as someone could walk past and get scalded'

Must do it one day...

It's propably a good idea to pressure test the whole system with cold water in the BCo's presence up to safety blow off, and demonstrate that noting bursts and the safety valve doe what its supposed to do. You can get pumps to pressurise water systems on hire very cheaply.

in has, on occasion, blown slightly. I suspect an air vessel somewhere to absorb expansion would improve that. But the valves do what they are meant to, and since its not due to boiling very little water squirts out.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher