Building regs re: front door size.

Can anyone tell me what the building regulations specifry regarding the minimum size for a front door of a flat opening onto a communal hallway? Has this regulation changed in the past few years?

Many thanks,

Carl J.

Reply to
Carl J.

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:45:20 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named snipped-for-privacy@loaaol.com (Carl J.) randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

The requirements for access for disabled people were extended to dwellinghouses and flats in (IIRC) 1999. This includes the minimum clear opening width of doors to new buildings. It doesn't apply to extensions, changes of use or alterations, and it isn't retrospective.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Thank you for the reply. Does this mean a 26"-wide front door on a flat conversion (installed in 1994) is OK?

Thanks, Carl J

Reply to
Carl J

If you choose your furniture carefully, yes

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I didn't realise that building regs now covered choice of furniture!

Reply to
Set Square

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:13:17 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named snipped-for-privacy@loaaol.com (Carl J) randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Yes.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Thank you for your kind help. I owe you one!

Carl J

Reply to
Carl J