Building my own shed

Hi there

could someone recommend a good website where I can pick up some tips for building my own shed?

Many thanks

Stephen

Reply to
Sausage King

BigWallop

Google can name far more.

Reply to
Erik the Viking

has several plans with different sizes, applications and methods of construction.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks everyone

Can anyone recommend somewhere in the UK which sells decent shed kits?

Many thanks

Reply to
Sausage King

Give Freddy Colk at Acle a bell. It's in your part of the world.

Reply to
wanderer

Hi,

There was a recent thread about that here, see:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Ask us. Between us here on uk-d.i.y. I think you'll find out everything you need to know. Including things that websites wont tell you.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

100x125mm for corner posts, 100x100 for top plates... makes for a very expensive (though admittedly sturdy) shed!

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

I'm planning to use 75x47 on mine. That should be strong enough, and has room for insulation, too.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It's worth looking at CLS. It's slightly larger and has rounded corners and the worst of the roughness taken off.....

Also, it is generally of fairly good quality and proportionally quite cheap.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

CLS? Is this a particular grade of finishing, like PAR?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In message , Christian McArdle writes

CLS as Andy's reply. But our old 3x2 joist / carcassing is now available "regularised", i.e. smooth and round corners for easier & safer handling.

3x2 in this format is I think 70x44mm finished. A little meatier than the CLS, and its what I'm using for my shed build (see the thread a month or so back).
Reply to
Steven Briggs

Reply to
Sausage King