building kitchen unit around boiler

Hi

Anyone got any experience of this. I'm installing a Homebase kitche and bought a 600 wide wall unit to fit around the boiler. (A fai amount of cutting out top and bottem expected). All looks to be fin except the wall unit is not tall enough and they don't do talle versions. Suspect I will have to buy a taller door (intended for a freeze housing) and do some major work to make a carcass taller. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has got round this problem. And

-- t60

Reply to
t60

Hi

Anyone got any experience of this. I'm installing a Homebase kitche and bought a 600 wide wall unit to fit around the boiler. (A fai amount of cutting out top and bottem expected). All looks to be fin except the wall unit is not tall enough and they don't do talle versions. Suspect I will have to buy a taller door (intended for a freeze housing) and do some major work to make a carcass taller. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has got round this problem. And

-- t60

Reply to
t60

Yeah I used the broom unit from Ikea was 180cm or something tall but affixed it to the wall so it was raised of the floor giving me the extra space above the boiler. Suggest you check that your boiler is suitable for use in a kitchen unit. mine only needed 5mm of clearance around it

Reply to
Oliver

t60 submitted this idea :

I managed to use a cut down base unit and base sized door. I then added the matching trim I had used on the wall units, both above and below the unit. I spent a little extra effort on making it quick and easy to remove, for when the boiler needs to be serviced. The finished unit looks identical to a wall unit, just a little taller.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Thanks for your replies. Pretty much as expected. Either adapt a different carcass or adapt th one I've got. Cheers And

-- t60

Reply to
t60