Building cupboard - professional touches...

My final question of the day!

Redoing an en-suite shower room.

Replacement loo + sink on same wall. Ideally, would like to build these into a worktop setup, and then build a cupboard around this to hide the cleaning crap and spare loo roll etc.

I'm having difficulty finding where this short of stuff would be available - and I don't really want to go to MDF!

Thinking that kitchen worktop suppliers may be able to provide a suitable worktop and accurately cut the holes for me - our just supply & I get dirty with a router (and better ideas?). But the front facia/doors etc - its either buying blanking "boards" from MFI and modify accordingly, or just get MDF and paint it...

Or are there any suppliers available that provide this type of product?

MANY THANKS!!

Reply to
ryanjjones

I assume you only want to build in the sink rather than the loo?

If so, this is usually called a vanitory unit. There will be ready made ones in the bathroom sections of the sheds, etc. These tend to be shallower than comparable kitchen units to save space, and the current trend seems to have the front of the basin exposed. If you've got the space, you could just use a kitchen unit with a basin designed to be set in.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

mdf will deteriorat in a wet room

chipboard will deteriorate in a wet room too.

Why fit something you'll need to replace over and over, with repeating expense and hassle, when you can use suitable materials the first time?

NT

Reply to
bigcat

That's why you paint it all over, including the edges you can't see.

Or suitable finishing techniques.

Reply to
Rob Morley

repeating

that delays things for years, but you stil wind up having to refit several times per life, something that should go in and stay in. Its the OPs money though, they can waste it if they wish.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Or better still, make sure yiyr bathroom doesn;t flood and teh kids dont hise it dwon with teh shower head.

Then it won't be a wet room, and you can relax...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah - but is it a wet room? They're not that common in the UK.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

youre right, condensation in bathrooms is unheard of

Reply to
bigcat

Then I'd say you need to address that, as other wood in it will be affected. Unless it's all stone construction. FWIW, kitchens suffer from condensation too, but chipboard etc seems to survive quite well - given that 99% of kitchen units use it to some extent.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Condesnaqtion just after a bath is no big deal. Its long term damop that gest behind paintwork and int teh structure thah causes dimensional instability and delamination.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

True, but if you use Valchromat instead it's OK. Valchromat is a pre-coloured MDF with extra melamine resin in it. This reduces the need for finishing and makes it moisture resistant and suitable for condensation levels in kitchens and bathrooms. It also makes it easier to work with and gives a smooth edge finish, directly from the router.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Only on the Internet you get this.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

So you don't know what a *wet room* is either?

Only on the internet do you get prats like John who claim to be a pro but know less than most amateurs. And has less common sense than a 5 year old.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)