building a wooden lean-to / shed , laws

I am looking to build a wooden lean-to \ shed. This will be attached to the side of my house , approx size 3' x 12 ' . What are the laws about this ? How high can it be before needing planning permission ?

Thanks in advance snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
paul

Need to be careful if it's going to border a highway, see link.

Toby

As I have been checking out regs for sheds/workshops you may find this link useful

what this says if the structure is made of combustable material IE Wood then in must be 2 meters from the house for avoid either planning permission or building regs. However best to check with you local authority.

Reply to
Eric the Red