Building a bike trailer

I'm planning to make some bicycle trailers for various purposes. One of the best I've seen for simplicity and potential lightness is here:

Trailer - Spine Frame - Bikes At Work

With more component details here:

Bike Trailer Components - Bikes At Work

When I look at the way the transverse components are fitted to the spine, I wonder if it wouldn't be better using square section tube to reduce any rotational effects. This is without taking account of the difficulties which will be involved in bending the necessary curves in aluminium tube.

For bending purposes would packing the tubes with sand be the best method? How could the bending pressure be applied evenly and effectively in a D-I-Y situation?

Some aluminium tubes I've found on the Web are here:

advice on this project would be appreciated.

-- Mycle

Pedestrian Plus

Reply to
Mycle