Builders written quotation. Does this include tiles?

"Tile wall area 25m2 Tile allowance £25m2 for supply of tiles and floor allowance 6m2= £150 Fit 25m2 wall tiles and 6m2 floor tile"

Cheers

BT

Reply to
Brian Taylor

I would presume that he has quoted his price for supplying the tiles at a cost of up to £25/sqm. Any tiles that cost more will add to the quote. What is the quote? that'd be easy then - £25x31 =£775 + labour, and possibly plus other materials used. £1500 would not be extortionate. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

It could only be less clear if written in latin! 25 m2 of tiles at £25 certainly won't be £150. They'll need to get a proper quote in the form:

Supply of XX m2 of wall tiles £XX or allowance if customer is buying Supply of XX m2 of floor tiles £XX Labour and other materials £XX Total £XX

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

6sq/m of floor tiles = £150 if £25/sqm
Reply to
A.Lee

That sounds like he is including tiles up to a value of £25/m^2 for the wall, and upto £150 (or 150/6 = £25/m^2 again) for the floor.

Reply to
John Rumm

That was my initial thoughts John but wasn't sure if I had read it wrong. They bought tiles independently so I presume that amount would just be deducted from the final total. Thanks again.

Reply to
Brian Taylor

Alan unfortunately they are getting the full works done. Shower, toilet, sink, furniture, ceiling as well as tiling. So unable to work out the actual cost of tiling. The tiling part were the only costs that were itemised on the quote.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Brian Taylor

I would have thought so. Its unusual to include the tile price in the quote IME - they normally just spec a price per sqm for fitting since the range of prices of tiles is huge.

Reply to
John Rumm

I wonder if many people leave it to the builder to choose the tiles?

Reply to
John

Probably not uncommon on commercial work or refurbishing places for rent etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

You/they could drop him a note saying they already have the tiles, and the quote needs to be clear as to whats included and what isnt. There's no sense proceeding on something so vague, it looks designed to produce trouble, aggro, excess cost and time wasting. If the chap wont provide a sensible quote, I'd get someone else.

NT

Reply to
Tabby