Bugger, pilot light wont start on boiler - ahhh

Hi all,

Seems my issue with my Potterton Kingfisher MF CF 60 boiler got worse. I know it worked this morning as we had heating and hot water. Now, I dont have a pilot light. Can you light these manually?

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Well, tried to light manually and wont, so I am wondering of there is air in the system or os there a valve that maybe stuck?

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Has the gas supply failed?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Good idea - just checked and no, thats working fine

Scott

Reply to
Scott

I'm sure you already have this but just in case:

see page 2

Reply to
Davey B

Hi,

Got that printout out - the pilot light still wont light and just keep getting the clicking noise.

Was even thinking of signing upto one of these Heating cover plans but they wont allow you to sign up and call someone out straight away

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Has it been serviced? The pilot jet in these blocks up with crud over the years and eventually won't light from the igniter. It can also be too small to operate the thermocouple. I'm assuming you have the procedure for lighting it - they can sometimes just blow out.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Actually have the service planned for in 2 weeks. The pilot looks like its wanting to light as can see the flicker of the igniter, also tried with a match, no go.

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Can you remove the pilot gas tube, and blow through it? That's all that my friendly CORGI chap did some years ago to service my Potterton boiler. (It worked, and it still works many years on.)

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Hi,

I am going to replace the the thermalcouple with a universal one and go from there as its only a £5 at B&Q.

What does anyone think - possible??

Scott

Reply to
Scott

A new thermocouple won't make any difference if you aren't getting any pilot. Is there voltage getting to the gas valve? If so, faulty gas valve, if not possibly a faulty PCB.

Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler

First thing I'd do is remove the pilot jet and check it's clear.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)