Bugger and Laminate

why cant they make the stuff with all the planks the same pattern?

I hate sorting them out in a individual file before laying them down. :-(

Reply to
George

The last "destructions" I read tells you not to do that.

Don.

Reply to
Cerberus .

Weird,if you open 5 packs and just pick up random pieces the chances are you might put two identical patterns in line with each other? thats why I seperate them in identical patterns so as to not go back and forth swapping them.

Reply to
George

We had our floor recovered last year because of the flooding. The original concrete floor was finished in Marley tiles which had to be removed both because of damage and the fact they contained asbestos & we opted for an oak laminate replacement. Literally, the whole ground floor being a 'blank canvas' was covered prior to skirtings, door frames and kitchen units etc., being refitted.40 packs were used, opened one at a time & laid "as was" & no two patterns were together.

Obviously, the floor layers were well versed in the proceedure but me being me I had to read the instructions because they were there ;-) Anyway they advised not to seperate or try & match the boards pattern/colour & to stagger joints etc.

Don.

Reply to
Cerberus .