Budget Bathroom Suites

Hi.

I'm looking to buy a new, plain-white bathroom suite. Quite happy with a steel bath but was wondering about the taps that come with the suites that Screwfix do. Are they any good or will I wish two years down the line that I'd bought something with better taps?

Would I be better off getting one from somewhere else?

Many thanks.

Ed.

Reply to
Ed_Zep

Looking for the cheapest standard white cloakroom suite (i.e. not including bath - just bog and basin) recently, I found rather to my surprise that Homebase was cheapest.

Reply to
rrh

I looked at them a while back, the taps look like the £6 a pair sets they sell...

in2minds

Have a look on eBay - there are plenty of retailers that sell there. You can then pay by CC that should give you peace of mind.

Homebase cheapest are Contemporary (£159, no taps or waste), Shell (no taps), and Pacific (£199, inc two matching set of taps for sing and bath).

I just bought a similar setup on eBay (with one instead of HB's two tap holes) for £119 (+£15 delivery) for the two. £65 for two sets of taps will surely get me something better than HB's flimsy looking ones.

Reply to
JoeJoe