bubbling / peeling paint on radiator

just decorating the bedrooms and some of the paint is bubbling, i disturbed a couple of these bubbles and the paint has broken off which i peeled back, but now there is a ridge as you can see in the pics:

ideas how to remedy this? on a wall i'd use fine filler but on a rad i dont know what to do!

Reply to
benpost

How about a two part epoxy filler like car body filler or wood filler?

Reply to
Rednadnerb

a car body type filler would make sense as its on metal and will get hot, do they sell this sort of stuff in a diy shop ?

Reply to
benpost

I would be inclined to expect that all the existing first coat will lift - so it should all be removed.

A good case for removing the radiator and getting serious with scrapers and wire brushes. Get it back to the base metal or primer - then start again.

Reply to
John

John I did hope this would happen originally when I saw the bubbles, but after prodding one and peeling a small area off, it wont peel back any further. Its the same problem I had on the walls, some paint peeled, then would only peel back a little bit. Then maybe a few days later it would peel a little more, but nowhere near enough to easily remove the lot and start again.

Reply to
benpost