Bubbling Boiler/radiator (but only when boiler first comes on)

Hi,

I've recently moved into a new house and when the water/heating comes on at around 5am it makes a horrendous wooshing/bubbling sound which appears to be coming from the heated towel rail in our bathroom (located directly above the boiler). Strangely enough this only seems to happen first thing in the morning and the bubling is much less or even none existant during the day! (no really it is, I've even tried turning the lights out and getting into bed during the day to do a direct comparison to try to eliminate any psychological factors!). Our boiler is around 8 years old, as that is when our house was built, and the previous owners subscribed to that british gas thing to have the boiler serviced regularly, so I'm hoping the boiler itself is reasonably fit and healthy.

Anyhoo, I've tried reducing my pump speed, but this does not eliminate the bubbling sound, just makes it a little less vigorous, also the boiler keeps cutting out when I reduce the speed of the pump, presumably due to overheating (which I imagine isn't healthy). This really is driving me bonkers and has woken me at 5 am every single day for the last 6 months.

I'm really hoping this isn't a dangerous problem, and I'd be really grateful for any suggestions on what i can do to eliminate the problem without having to try to get hold of a plumber.

Fingers crossed, and thanks in advance

Reply to
richardscn

If you've tried that, then presumably you've already tried bleeding the radiators?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Cheers, yes all bled, apart from the afore mentioned towel rail which does collect very small quantities of air.

Lobster wrote:

Reply to
Chris