Bubbles?

Well it is sort of DIY... :D

We have a young dog which has developed some neurological problem, as yet with no definite diagnoses. For a time she was completely unable to even walk, but has either improved or learned with time to better control her limbs.

Her favourite pass time has always been chasing anything which moves, bubbles and laser spots. We have bought her several of those kids bubble guns, squeeze a trigger and bubbles are blown out. Rather leaky, poor quality and they don't last long. We have now bought her one of those mains powered units which you can simply leave running, no leaks and it works every time.

The idea is therapy, to improve her mobility on her legs.

Rather than find, buy and lug home great big bottles of bubble solution (mostly water), is there a way to make this stuff from home ingredients?

I have tried Fairy liquid, which was useless.

Cheers...

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Google is your friend...

the first 2 out of *a lot*!

Reply to
mick

You might try to pick up a secondhand jogging/running machine.

I know someone that exercises her dog on one with a titbit treat as a "carrot" to train the dog to get on the treadmill. After a few goes the dog got the habit of just getting onto the treadmill and waiting for it to start and just happily trots or walks along getting nowhere fast ;-)

Reply to
RW

It must have been the search word(s) you used, I couldn't find any...

Thanks, just what I needed.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

RW laid this down on his screen :

This dog is far too smart for that :-)

The point with bubbles, is that is gets her co-ordination working chasing them.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Here is what is working, though I have not tried any alternative 'brews'..

5 parts tap water (soft water area) 1 part Matey (kids bubble bath) a dribble of olive oil.

No special techniques used - just poured in the above order into a jug, a gentle stir, poured in and turn the machine on.

The above seemed to work just as well as the bought mix.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield brought next idea :

Correction, that should have read cod liver oil.

The oil would seem to be a crucial part of the mix.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I was once told that mixes with glycerin in them are very good. In fact, sometimes the bubbles will sit on the carpet for ages! I haven't actually tried this though.

Reply to
mick

Most of the recipies that the links lead to earlier in this thread involved soft water, a detergent and a touch of glycerin or, as they were mostly american, "corn syrup" what ever that is.

You'll like this link:

the whys and wherefores of soap bubbles.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

More important, what does the pooch think.?

Reply to
Andy Hall