BSP waste adaptor?

Hi,

I have a chrome bottle trap for my basin. Mr BSP has struck again... BES only do these in 1.5"/40mm BSP with a 75mm seal depth as suggested by BR.

The basin, it turns out, presents a 1.25"/32mm thread.

(Here we go again - I hate threaded plumbing in the same way I hate RS232 - both have standards - but both have too many!)

So, it's either return the trap and try to source from elsewhere, or find a

32mm female to 40mm male short adaptor, parallel thread, end bearing washer seal, ideally in chromed brass.

Buggered if I can find one online. Do such things exist?

Ta

Tim

Reply to
Tim W

Get the proper thing from screwfix only £10

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob Minchin wibbled on Thursday 22 October 2009 14:16

This one I guess:

for the hint - don't know why I didn't come across that one before. Doesn't state the seal depth by looks identical to mine (probably same make) so it's probably 75mm.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim W

Bob Minchin wibbled on Thursday 22 October 2009 14:16

Unfortunately, no banana. Popped into Screwfix and bought one. Returned it immediately. The trap seal depth was nowhere near the 75mm required by Doc H for basins. It was probably 38mm as per the BES one. Not sure why they would bother marketing one with an insufficient depth... I wouldn't mind if I was discharging into my "greywater only" stack, but logistics dictate I couple the basin into the bog stack, so I'm keener to keep a decent seal there (there will be an AAV too, but all the same...).

I's about to start the great internet hunt for a brass/chrome bottle or S-trap with the correct parameters.

In the meantime - any ideas on the 1.5 to 1.25" BSP converter? I feel such a thing *should* exist, but google can be unhelpful when searching for things like 1 1/2" etc.

Ta

Tim

Reply to
Tim W

Tim W wibbled on Thursday 22 October 2009 14:01

OK - eventually found what I wanted.

The magic words are "BSP reducing bush". After that, ebay saves the day... Now I can use my nice shinely and BR compliant trap and this component being stainless will hardly be noticeable...

oh look, BES sell them too...

wibble

Reply to
Tim W