brush type letterbox draught excluders- source for large?

Looking for larger than standard brush letterbox excluder- abt 4 inches tall &12 images wide as fitted. Seen the separate brush strips for sale on ebay etc but hoping for a neater "manufactured" solution...

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

&12 images wide as fitted.

"manufactured" solution...

Is that a special type so the postman can get letters through? Or is it just so he has to put his whole hand where the dog can get it :}

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

&12 images wide as fitted.

"manufactured" solution...

it's just a bit bigger than your average honest guv! the dimensions I gave were for the size of the draught excluder plate overall not the letterbox hole ;>)

like this but bigger:-

cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Any joy with larger draught excluder? I'm also looking for one and having no luck at all!! Thanks Gary

Reply to
gary.notman

Make one from draught excluder brush strip which is commonly available.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

No. Don't fit one at all until you've tried feeding your post in from the outside.

I do the neighbourhood newsletter and they are a PITA. I can't usually get it past the strip.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I got some metre long lengths of brush strip from the pound shop recently to do the bottom of my garage door.

Reply to
pcb1962

I haven't got any form of draught excluder behind my letter box but it doesn't stop the lazy bastard who delivers the freebie newspaper from just leaving it in the slot and letting all the warm air out.

Reply to
alan

Why don't you just have your letter box by your gate, forty feet away from the house? Or a mile away, if in Australia!

Reply to
MattyF

all &12 images wide as fitted.

er "manufactured" solution...

Are you still looking because I am in the same boat having inherited a door with a large roughly hewn hole. Door Furniture Direct do one with brush a nd flap that is 300mm x 95mm. On their website search Letterbox, Plates an d Tidies and it came up on page 14. £11.30 which is a lot more than I wa nted to spend but it is the only one I have found so far. If you have foun d anything cheaper or better please let me know. Jeanette

Reply to
JeanettePowellUK