brush marks with satin paint

I am using a quick drying satin and getting brush marks on the finish. I would have expected the paint to flatten after it is applyed but doesnt appear to being so, hence leaving brush marks.

Ihave sanded well and it is being painted in a suitable temperature, the door is laid flat. paint is Crown quick dry satin.

Reply to
SS

Use a roller.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Knock it back a bit with some turps.

Reply to
Phil Emmup

It is quick drying what do you expect? Let it dry and sand it down.

Is it water based (most likely) or oil based i.e. solvent borne?

If water based you need to be fast in your application, use a quality synthetic brush, and you may even have to wet the surface before you paint it. It might help if you use a roller and then lay off with a quality brush. You must not overwork quick drying paints.

If your paint is water based watch this video (the fact it is for water based gloss is irrelevant)

your paint is oil based, use a bit of white spirit to thin it and hamilton perfection natural bristle brush for painting.

Cheers Charles

Reply to
Charles

If it's quick dry then it's probably a water based paint.

Reply to
DavidM

Knock it back a bit with some water.

Reply to
Phil Emmup

Thanks for the ideas, I will try some and see what works.

Thank you.

Reply to
SS

Roller.