Bruise treatment

Has anyone got any good remedies for bruises? I went to a wedding do last night and have quite a few bruises this morning.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Whereabouts? (the bruises I mean)

What problem are you trying to solve? Pain? Reduced handsomeness? Wanting to avoid people knowing that you were chinned by the bride?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Pain on the lower back mainly. I have not been handsome since my face was burnt off some years ago.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Probably the simplest is to take some anti-inflammatories such as Ibuprofen to reduce swelling and discomfort.

If you fell or something like that, then there is the possibility of having pulled/twisted some muscles and that would also be helped by this treatment. Watch for dosage and known allergies of course.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Tell here to take of her stilletoes.

Cold compress may ease pain or swelling for a while. Other than that you'll have to let nature take it's course and absorb the blood that has got where it shouldn't be and heal the minor tissue damage.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Arnica cream is reputed to have some effect.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Adam you should know it's generally considered bad form to try to pull the bride

David

Reply to
Lobster

Taken some earlier. I did not fall, my mother knocked me down in the car park when she started the car when it was in gear. I missed the "everyone on the dancefloor for a fight" bit of the night

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The message from "ARWadsworth" contains these words:

Arnica

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Warmth and gentle massage to help disperse the blood. Arnica's supposed to be traditional for bruises.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Witch Hazel.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Nice one. No ice pack but a pack frozen peas have helped.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Arinca it might be, but where the hell do you get it on a Sunday? I am out of (and never have had) any of the ingredients needed

ARWadsworth

The message from "ARWadsworth" contains these words:

Reply to
Anne Jackson

What an interesting life you lead Adam :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sorted, I can get some in the morning.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

"Face burnt off", are you serious?

Don't say it was another bizarre mother and car related accident at a wedding?

Reply to
RedOnRed

Yes. But fortunately not as badly as Simon Weston was 25 years and 2 days ago.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

One can judge the success of a social occasion by how many ambulances turn up...

Or is it police cars?

Owain

Reply to
Owain