Brook Crompton motor terminals (A, AZ and Z) ?

I have a slightly elderly 1 HP Brook Crompton capacitor start capacitor run motor but I've lost the cover which had the terminal diagram on it. From a bit of reverse engineering I'm pretty certain that A and AZ are the input terminals but it would be good if someone could confirm that.

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Hi Dave,

Not quite sure of your definition of 'input' in this context.

Standard Crompton terminals are Z & T for Start windings and A & AZ for run winding.

Standard Brook terminals are Z1 & Z2 for Start windings and A1 & A2 for run winding.

All four need to be used so are all 'inputs'

Quite which nomenclature was adopted by the merged company I'm not sure but from your post, it looks like Crompton won!

HTH

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I plead guilty to loose terms - it's the effect that (semi)retirement has ;-) There's a 4 ohm winding (black and red wires) across A and AZ, a 12 ohm winding (blue and yellow wires) across A and Z, and the centrifugal switch connects one of two capacitors across AZ and Z. Common sense said that the lower resistance winding would be the main run winding but I wanted to check - looks like common sense was right!

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam