broken window catch on plastic double glazing

Great, maintenance free double glazing catch has broken, cant *see* any obvious way of reaching it to fix (at least without getting my ladders from storage elsewhere) before I ring Anglain, any comments that might guide me would be welcome.

Reply to
Mike.....

Before ringing Anglian, check your credit limit! Nothing Anglian does is likely to be cheap.

Unless you are confident that Anglian will fix it free of charge (for example, under warranty) you might be better contacting a local firm.

Reply to
Bruce

Following up to Bruce

i will be happy if they can fix it at all :-) Looking at a downstairs identical one (what a brainwave) it looks like a fix may be possible.

Reply to
Mike.....

Following up to Bruce

£98 call out charge
Reply to
Mike.....

Surely not the local firm? Par for the course for Anglian.

I'm not knocking Anglian - I bought a door from them and it was an outstanding product. But they are always expensive.

Reply to
Bruce

Following up to Bruce

yes, Anglian. We chose them because they won the GLC contracts at the time, pricey but good. It was nice to ring up and be told (on giving postcode and number) what year the windows were fitted. Of course if they cant fix them it might be a different story :-)

Reply to
Mike.....

We have several firms locally who repair any make of DG window or door. The one I reccommend is called 'The Window Man' and carries all those hinges & catches on the van.

Try Yell.com. Must be someone similar in your area.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Following up to The Medway Handyman

thanks, i'm not a milloin miles from Medway, when the others fail i will go that way.

Reply to
Mike.....

This guy travels to Sidcup, Ashford etc if thats any help. E-mail me off group if you want his number.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Following up to The Medway Handyman

i'm a mile from Sidcup, i'll use him next time, cheers!

Reply to
Mike.....