Broken Oven Light

Hi,

Has anyone got any tips for removing a broken oven bulb from its socket in the oven? The damn thing broke in my hands (luckily I was using a towel) and I'm left with the screw/bayonet fitting jammed in the socket.

Cheers

Reply to
Endulini

Pair of snipe nose pliers?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Gel

Turn off the power at the isolator first though!

Reply to
dennis

I read that one should jam a potato into the remaining sharp bits and use it as a handle. I've never had cause to see if it works though.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

You have always been a spoilsport Dennis! :))

Reply to
EricP

It works with carrots. BTDTGTTS.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot writes

No good, it's to soft.

A cork works fine, especially if it's one from a bottle of champagne or cava. Not boasting; the knobbly head of the cork makes it easier to handle.

Push it hard into the remains of the broken bulb and twist.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson