Broken induction hob - who pays?

Not at the places where the pans are in contact with the top.

Reply to
Cynic

IIUC the induction hobs do not work by using infra red. The "hotplates" are units that generate a powerful alternating magnetic field. This causes eddy-current heating in any metal object placed in the field.

I've not used one myself so I may be incorrect. ISTM that one danger is that a "hotplate" that is switched on will be cold to the touch. This could lead to a false sense of security should you place your hand over the plate whilst wearing a metal watch strap or bracelet.

As I said though, I've no practical experience with them so I may well be talking bollocks.

Reply to
Cynic

No your correct it does point this out in the manual that comes with the cooker

Reply to
steve robinson

You are correct, the same glass-ceramic is also used for gas through glass and radiant hobs though. Because it has a very low expansion ratio it stands wide temperature variations well.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Sorry guys. I really must learn to read properly.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q