Britony combi heating trouble

Hi,

We've moved into our new house which has a Britony Combi 100 (might be

80) boiler, burning LPG in the attic. There's a Honeywell Frost Stat (T4360A) thermostat right next to the boiler and, downstairs, is an ACL LP111 controller.

The boiler has two controls - hot water only (on demand) or hot water and heating. Despite the ACL control panel, the heating is on constantly (the ACL has options of Off, Timed or On - whatever we put it on, the heating is on all the time).

I've seen these ACL things before and don't like them - so I assume it's either useless, or broken, or not wired in correctly. My question is, can I get a decent Honeywell controller (which we had in the house we sold) and a room thermostat to control the heating? How easy will it be to just replace the ACL Lp111 with it - a simple swap? I'd like a room thermostat in the hall, and a timer to turn the heating on periodically throughout the day.

We haven't got a hot-water tank (not good!) so I don't need a controller to handle the hot water - it just needs to be "on," and the taps fire the boiler on demand. I just need to sort this heating out - only need it on at 7am, not throughout the night!

Thanks for any advice you can offer. I'm on dialup until broadband arrives in deepest darkest Devon, so I won't read any replies until later or tomorrow. And if you can CC to my email, please do!

Thanks again,

Will

Reply to
William Luke