britony combi 80

Hi, I have the above combi boiler and only ever seem to get lukewarm water. I have read the manual and can only see a thermostat for the central heating but none for the hot water. Is there one? If there isn't what could the problem be?

TIA Rich

Reply to
usenet

Are you sure you are simply not running the hot tap too fast? Most combis will be unable to cope with the maximum delivery rate of the cold main and hence the water passes throught the boiler too fast to get heated enough. Turning the tap down to get a lsower delivery of hotter water will usually fix that.

The other possibility if that still does not fix it, is the HW heat exchanger may be scaled up. Are you in a hard water area?

Reply to
John Rumm

Well the pressure for the hot water is very high, so I was wondering if anything was meant to be adjusted on the boiler? I have tried turning the taps down and it stays the same temperature.

I'm in Portsmouth which I think has hard water(?)

Cheers Rich

Reply to
usenet

Even if you just have a trickle of water?

If so then that would indicate a fault with the boiler. It could be down to scale - it depends a bit on how it controls the temperature of the water. Perhaps someone who knows a bit more about that particular boiler will be along to comment shortly ;-)

(Personally I would be tempted to have the plate heat exchanger out and give it a descale anyway unless the boiler is fairly new).

Don't know for sure, but I expect it is.

How old is the boiler?

Reply to
John Rumm