Brit plumbers are TOSSERS

You misunderstand me. I was just hoping that you would.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Your taps burn and freeze you? Perhaps you need something for sensitive skin...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's novel - I never knew taps could do maths...

David Hearn

You never did get over being sacked from 'Plumbcenter', did you Marky?

sponix

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

We were taught to do that in primary school - it's called mental arithmetic and took a few minutes.

But I accept that it would be difficult for the mentally challenged.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hang on a second......

One plumber's merchant assistant disappears.... another appears... you don't think..... nah, couldn't be.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Less than 3 minutes on my computer's clock, to do your intentionally ill conditioned (Or so you thought) volume calculation. End of Story.

What you miss is that we were taught both decimals and fractions and common equivalents, such as the 8 ths. 16 ths and 32 ndths. From first principles. The education system we have today couldn't begin to attempt that. The teachers couldn't do it themselves despite their Degrees in "Education".

So: I'm not looking stuff up for your benefit.

Google is also a calculator. You didn't know? Try it.

Piss off, pest.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

That is not a standard tank, British or otherwise.

174 imperial gallons, 1743 lbs rounded up to nearest gallon and lb
Reply to
Matt

They have combi boilers and dribble aerated useless mixer taps that couldn't wash a gnat if left running for 30 minutes.

Reply to
Matt

Is this in reference to his taps or something more appropriate?

Reply to
Matt

:-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Its probably Dribble and when he comes back in his original guise following his holiday in Switzerland he's probably hoping that we will welcome him with open arms after enduring this ranting idiot.

Reply to
Matt

I have never had a shower on the continent. But a long time ago (15 to

20 years) I had my first holiday in years. I decided to book a large caravan and use it as a base for exploration in the South West of Devon. Every time I took a shower in this caravan, the water pressure was so great, that the shower curtain would get sucked up against my skin. As to the quality of the electric shower, I was in a quandary most of the time. Should I move into the cool shower curtain, or against the water that had cooled down enough from a temperature that would melt the skin from the bones, before it rocketed back up to melt my skin again.

I have never trusted an electric shower since.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Have you not heard? Switzerland has just had its biggest floods for many a year.

You don't think that we may be lucky, do you?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Perhaps the combi's leaking. Swiss plumbers being told what to do ...

Sorry, that should be two combis.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We might be going to Holland next year, thanks for the warning.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I wouldn't. It's boring.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You forgot to post the results, in gallons, pints and fluid ounces.

Eeer, you don't need a computer or internet to do it in metric. So, thanks for proving my point, Dipstick.

Hehehe, truth hurts when you don't like it. Always makes me laugh when people seriously think the imperial system is better than metric and fall flat trying to prove it.

Reply to
markzoom

So what you are really saying is that your education is lacking. Don't blame established standards for your inability to understand simple maths.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

It won't be when we're there :-)

Mary