Brit plumbers are TOSSERS

Just how much brains or effort does it need to put a tiny blob of grease on the underneath nut of a basin sink (and ANY thread) to stop it seizing ? Like the moronically designed ones that you can't get your hands under and are either freezing cold or burning hot. So, to ALL brit plumbers who don't put grease on nuts:

YOU ARE BRAINLESS AMATEURS AND UTTER FUCKING TOSSERS. THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL I WOULD EVER EMPLOY ONE OF YOU USELESS TWATS.

If anyone does employs one of these idiots, go around every nut they do up and if they haven't put grease on, make the retarded idiot take it all apart again. While you are there, make them put labels on all the shut-off c**ks so you don't have to pay the next overpaid moron for half an hour's figuring out which c*ck does what.

In future I'll only employ skilled foreigners for plumbing and work I don't want to do myself because brit oiks in general are on the whole overpaid and undertrained amateur leeches.

If you are having basins fitted, show them a diagram of a mixer tap like they have used on the European mainland for decades, or they'll fit the individual stoneage taps that they were trained on (if they actually ever had any training at all).

Reply to
markzoom

You know, in all my time, I've never come across a basin tap connector nut that has seized.

Funnily enough, I usually turn off the water heating when working on the hot side. Did you teach you that in training?

They'll fit what they're given. It's not like there aren't thousands of different tap designs to choose from.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

And if the OP is so knowing why doesn't he do his own plumbing?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ha! Unfortunately I cannot comment on the nationality or even (official) qualifications of the plumber who did the works in my bathroom.

Every other soldered join leaks and looks like it's been toasted rather than soldered. Some of the copper washer type joins leak (even though they are tight, how do you do that!?). Anything I touch breaks.

The number of obsolete taps in the service duct is amazing and there is at least 4-5 meters of obsolete hot water pipe and some dead ends in cold water. I wonder what the building regs say about this sort of stuff.

The plumbing in this house is worse than the electrics were.

Gerd.

Reply to
Gerd Busker

Yeah. Well even getting hold of a plumber is close to impossible, let alone a good one...

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

He does, stupid, or he wouldn't be posting about it. Plumbing usually involves fixing other morons bad workmanship, as you apparently don't know. I do my own plumbing and repairs precisely because plumbers are way too dumb and sloppy to do it properly.

Reply to
markzoom

Strange. You come across as an arrogant yank, and remind us of why everyone in the world hates them.

Sorry if you're not one, you just come across as one.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In many European countries such tradesmen have to serve apprenticeships and gain a master's certificate before they are allowed to trade in the profession. Here any Idiot can call himself a plumber or whatever and be utterly clueless about it. The standard of training here can't be very high for the ones that actually got any either.

Reply to
markzoom

Yes, but were he a yank, would he say "tosser"? I think he'd probably say "jerk" instead.

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

Yes. A bit like Greece, where they all have little bins for the toilet paper. I'm sure it is a cultural difference. I knew loads of Greeks at (a British) university. They all had little bins for toilet paper in their bathrooms, convinced that their particular house had plumbing difficulties such that you mustn't flush paper down the loo.

So does much of the UK. There's just a lot of old legacy systems about, largely installed before other countries even had plumbing (which is largely the problem).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Hmmm. Maybe he's going native and about to install a gravity hot water cylinder?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I sure can't stand the dumb yanks either. Have you ever used yank plugs and sockets? Now they are backward crap if ever there was. (I think they were an old scandinavian design?)

Thanks for the much needed apology. I think brit plumbers should persuded to emigrate there, if their eeeevil axis of terrrorr laws permit it.

Reply to
markzoom

A blessing in disguise?

Reply to
markzoom

But it doesn't seem difficult to get trolls ... the vocabulary - or lack of that and grammar - is indicative. I smell two ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hmm, and you sound like the wife of a plumber, nice choice dear.

Reply to
markzoom

Hmmm, funny you should mention smell... 't was exactly that which prompted me to take the bathroom apart. If trolls grew in stagnant pools...

Gerd.

Reply to
Gerd Busker

Eeerm, actually it was the romans who introduced plumbing and waste management to Britain, which regressed again once they left.

Reply to
markzoom

Not bought a German or French tap have you? They still use "crap outdated old imperial measurements"

Reply to
Matt

It has the advantages that if the roll runs out you can always root through the bin and find a piece you can reuse ;-)

Reply to
Matt

But they can work out the volume of a tank a lot faster than "good old bwitish engineers" can:

A tank has sides 2' 5 7/8" x 3' 5 3/16" x 3' 3 7/32". Accurately find the maximum volume and weight of water it could contain. About 1 hours work there, including getting the calculator and double checking for mistakes.

Reply to
markzoom