Brick - wood-fired "pizza" ovens..

I've been looking at these for a while, maybe make one, maybe buy one and just watched this video:

Angle grinders and spraying cement (about 6 minutes in) Pretty fascinating watching them being made!

But I really don't know how they can make them in Portugal and ship to the UK for £625. (They sell via ebay)

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Just had a week in Portugal - first time ever. There's lot's of places along the Algarve coast road - N125 doing various sorts of pottery. There were also a lot of transport places that truck to the UK. There's lots of ex-pats & brit visitors so presumably regular transport between here & there. Maybe a vialble option to drive down & get your own if you live in the south? Ferry to Bilbao & then a 9 hour drive?

Reply to
CD

Good idea for a holiday, but that would cost me more than the £625 which includes transport to the UK!

I'll probably make one as a DIY project at some point though. It's something I've fancied for a while now - just need the time to do it...

Cheers,

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

FWIW the (generally excellent) bread making book:

Bread: River Cottage Handbook No. 3 by Daniel Stevens aand HF-W

Has a chapter at the back on making your own Bread oven. IIRC it's one that would only last a season (made of clay etc.), but might be worth a try.

I may have a PDF of this section of the book - send me an email if it'd be of interest.

Cheers Jon N

Reply to
jkn

Thanks.

I think my bread making skills are fine ;-) Maybe even my DIY ones too!

It really will boil down to time and some other factors - the little area I want to put it in next to the house may undergo a conversion into being a kitchen extension, but we're not sure yet - money might dictate that one, not to mention listed building consent and the worst of all: Dartmoor National Park keepers )-:

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

In message , jkn writes

I know of one of a similar construction, that has been going for a number of years. But yes, the life span is probably limited.

Life span probably depends on usage, weather exposure etc. Covering it to keep out weather in the winter would seem sensible

Reply to
Chris French