breathable membrane

anywhere know where I can get breathable membrane for use in a cellar, as backing for stud walls ? saw Mr Walsh doing a job yesterday but only caught a couple of minutes, basically he (and the builder) were inserting stud walls inside the brick walls of the cellar because of penetrating damp. don't know what insulation or plasterboard he used cos I had to leave. program was Tommy Walsh's big build, or something like that, on disco home and leisure. did anyone see what they used for the rest of the stud walls ?

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

why breathable?

You use breathable to keep water out, but let moist air escape. If its backed against earth, you want completely impermeable DPM surely?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher