Breaking news

The most significant thing is they are NOT saying its 'climate change'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They are owned by the political left dummy.

ROFLMAO. The real nutjob site is 'skepticalscience'

Oh dear. All received wisdom. no science and ad hominem attacks.

You are the archetypical green nutjob.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well we manage to be resasonably tolerant of green nutjobs

Like a rattlesnake ain't responsible for being a rattlesnake, but we still put a bullet in its head, so it is with greens., They cant help having been brainwashed.

Nothing personal.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Stationary Bandits

Under anarchy, uncoordinated competitive theft by "roving bandits" destroys the incentive to invest and produce, leaving little for either the population or the bandits. Both can be better off if a bandit sets himself up as a dictator-a "stationary bandit" who monopolizes and rationalizes theft in the form of taxes

Reply to
DJC

No it's not. Some materials remain dangerous after 100,000 years.

Reply to
harry

You think there's a difference?

(from
)

You're propagating untruths to try and ridicule those who find the hypothesis of AGW somewhat lacking in credulity. Pah!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Which?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hum, 2005, 2009 together with the recent one makes three "100 year" floods in 10 years(*) and well within living memory. Bear in mind that since the 2009 flood the Carlise defences were raised in height and flood gates fitted. These heightened defences were overtopped at the weekend... The same applies to some of the other towns also flooded again.

Some of the river gauges have been reported as giving readings 1 to 2 METRES above the highest ever recorded levels.

It pissed it down solidly for about 36 hours up here at around 1/4" per hour. But we are in the Tyne catchment area so flooded Hayden Bridge, Haltwhistle, Hexham, Corbridge ...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com scribbled

You'll have a very long wait for facts. He did come out with a cracker recently. Reckoned it wasn't the warmest summer in 2015 as it had rained a lot.

Reply to
Jonno

The notion that it is the warmest summer ever is probably c*ck anyway. How long do we have records for - not that long. And that the Romans grew grapes here 2000 years ago is a bit of a giveaway.

The funniest part is saying that the average is 0.01 deg higher than the previous "record", with an error of plus/minus 0.1 deg.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Well, Corbyn dioxide, obviously.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ahem. Every year we get a once in a 100 year flood SOMEWHERE.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah. Is this chap suffering from cot-death-statistics syndrome?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Tim Streater scribbled

Clutching at straws. There is a vinyard in Morecombe. Who's to say the Roman wines were any good or that the particular grape variety hasn't long since disappeared. They still grow grapes in Germany and there are vines in Chicago.

Where are your facts?

Reply to
Jonno

Dave Liquorice scribbled

Apparently 14 inches of rain in the Carlise area.

It has rained here every day for around a month. That isn't normal weather.

Reply to
Jonno

Tim Streater scribbled

Where are your stats ?

Reply to
Jonno

In Carlisle? Yes it is.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"Some general figures for average weather in the Lake District are 200 wet days/year"

FACT

The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher scribbled

You have a problem reading "here" ?

Reply to
Jonno

The Natural Philosopher scribbled

So what. I don't live in the Lake District. Any mention in your homework about 14 inches falling in a couple of days?

Reply to
Jonno