brand new but very old aerials for sale

1 bob = 5 p.
Reply to
Huge

Purchasing power of 5P now is less than the 1d at decimalisation.

Reply to
John Williamson

Until they added colour of course. For some years during the introduction of colour, my TV was a Rank Cintel monochrome studio monitor connected to a home-built tuner, and the detail was noticeably better when there was no colour. Some black and white movies looked superb on this setup, and never as good again on any colour display I've used since.

Rod.

Reply to
Roderick Stewart

Have you got a verifiable source for that info?

Reply to
The Other Mike

Not quite ....

claims that 1/240th of £1 in 1971 is now worth 4p

Reply to
Andy Burns

Or you could use three B&W aerials, appropriately painted, for the R, G and B information. But you need the special paint, of which I am the sole supplier.

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

Didn't they used to colour code aerials (with stickers on the terminal box) for their respective groups?

Reply to
The Other Mike

Is it available pre-dried? My time is valuable and if you offered pre- dried paint that would be really useful.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They aren't suitable for for the ignorati.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

On D Day I was earning £13 a week as a schoolteacher.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

rote:

My first job in 1976 winding transformer coils I earned =A312 a week.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Bhai but tha' were lucky. Twelve pound were enough for ten pair of good brown boots, 'alf a sheep an all t'parsnips tha' could eat!

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes, it comes in pre-dried sheets which you can glue on with my proprietary quick-drying* glue. Bit more expensive of course, but that's nothing to a mug^H^H^H man such as yourself.

(* - requires special heat lamp, batteries not included)

Get-a your tootsie-frootsie ice cream...

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

I was getting about £21 as an engineer.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Three years earlier I was earning twice what my teaching pay was to be, as a stop-go man on the A18. It was six and threpence ha'penney an hour, time an' 'arf after ten hours, and we worked 6.30 to 7.30 every day except Sunday.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Just about. The loft is clean but awkward. Idea! I'll get Paul to do it, tell him he can have a cut (the size of which I will not disclose to him).

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Thanks. Not sure how they measured RPI before Mars Bars appeared :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

Thjats a pretty massive dwelling ...

Reply to
geoff

You could have got through on the banana.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The TC18s will be colour. The TC stood for truecolour.

I installed one (used but VGC) outside last year, it was bought for my father (and loft mounted) in 1971ish. It gets all the required digital muxes in color and even has an inverse(pat.) balun.

Reply to
<me9