Box extender

Does such a thing exist? I mean a spacer to go on the front of a surface or drywall box, between the box & socket outlet to increase the internal space?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

ISTR they used to be available, but I stopped house bashing in the early 90's...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Yes, but I'm not sure how you would plan to use it on a drywall box...

Found them eventually in the Appleby catalogue. Page 3.

if you don't want to download the catalogue (2MB), here's an example

CPC have them

Dave Osborne

MK k2133 or mk K2134

white plastic surface mounting frame [ like a box with no back in it] innit!

Reply to
grumpyat

Oh yeah, my bad. Makes the crack about the dry lining box look even more stupid as well :-(

Rumble

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Not really. You need to drill out the screw threads (or press out the brass inserts) and possibly use longer crews through those holes to pick up the original threads in the backing box.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup

Wot like this?:

?sku=PL08925;-)(Credit to Bill Wright over on UKDTV for mentioning them)

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
The Medway Handyman