Boulter Camray 3 oil boiler burner PDF and spares

(Posted on behalf of a friend:)

"I could do with a pdf of the burner.

The part I need is a piston located on the right hand side of the burner that operates the air shutter allowing the correct air mix to the burner.

Problem is I know the boiler is discontinued and I think the parts are also.

Anyway any info would be useful"

Anyone know of a source please?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Smeaton

It sounds like a Riello (RBL) burner and there are two sizes of brass hydraulic ram. The short one simply opens the shutter and air is adjusted by rotating a mask behind it. The long version has an adjustable stroke with a backstop screw and locknut. Both are readily available from any half decent spares stockist such as Parts Centre (Wolseley) in most big towns. Turn off the oil supply and isolate the burner electrics before swapping. Make sure you end up oil tight and if it is the long ram you should mark the open position of the flap on the casing before you start so you can make sure the new ram is adjusted to the same position (Critical if you haven't an anlyser for the combustion)

Reply to
cynic

replying to cynic, dod wrote: throw it away and blank the hole in the pump , its only to stop the smell of fumes, but if the burner is set up correctly you wont have a smell of fumes

Reply to
dod