Bottom entry cistern filling valve

The fill on our toilet has slowed down and I've found a tiny tear in the rubber diaphragm

Is it possible to buy replacements, or is it a completely new assembly
I'm looking at sourcing a new assembly, is the height relevant as long as it's

The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) wibbled on Saturday 22 January 2011 14:25:

Reply to
Tim Watts

F wrote in news:- snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Take the diaphagm washer to a plumbing shop you will get a replacement.Not likely to find one in the sheds though.

Heliotrope Smith

I'll give it a try, though after a previous visit, the local guy will probably want the remaining arm and leg!

Ericp

It's a Siamp -

guarantee I seem to recall so probably worth getting in touch with them.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

see spares online. Cheers

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reply to
Jonathan

Jonathan ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk) wibbled on Sunday 23 January 2011 12:08:

True - they are quite wide.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I've had problems with Fluidmaster where the cistern went into a continuous syphon mode (which might be related to the syphon too). The problem was caused by the Fluidmaster's immediate opening when flushed: water (which is quite high pressure here, especially at night) would refill so quickly whilst still flushing that the syphon never broke and so would continue to dribble indefinitely. A temporary fix was to throttle water fill rate with the service valve (noisy, slow and unreliable) but the real fix was to swap the Fluidmaster for a Torbeck.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks for that, I've emailed them.

Fluidmaster;

Yes, I had that with a Flowmaster so had to throttle the supply. The 'new' (about 4 yo) flush has a Siamp in/out and the fill is delayed.

Reply to
PeterC

'kinell £10 for a diaphragm washer! You can get the whole valve for that

used to fit Torbecks but they've f*cked around with the design (instead of the stainless steel needle that must have cost about 1p to make and fit they've got some flimsy nylon protruberance on the washer, which is no longer standard between all their valves) so now I fit Flowmasters which you can get spare washers for at not-totally-stupid prices

YAPH