Bosch Xcel Jig Saw rejects Blades

I purchased a Bosch Xcel about 2 years ago and today in the middle of cutting some wood the blade was ejected and the jig saw will no longer accept new blades. It looks like there are some teeth missing which hold the blade in (but I'm not sure).

Any way I took the jig saw apart only to find that the assembly which is holds the blade is part of the main mechanics and with out a press I'm stuck, and therefore don't think it worth ordering new parts or having repaired, as it will almost certainly be cost prohibitive.

So I'm looking to purchase another one, Any recommendations on a new jig saw for at home, with variable speed, adjustable cut angles and adjustable blade oscillations ( the bits that makes the blade move back and forth as well as up and down)

I have always used Black and Decker in the past but was disappointed when the blade locking assembly broke off ( on my scorpion), well it was the tiny screws that hold the assembly on that sheared. Mind you I could get spares cheap from B&D around £2-3 from memory.

Thanks

Reply to
Furby

Bosch GST2000 Or any of the Swiss-made barrel bodies.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Before writing off the possibility of replacing bits have a chat to Healy's

Bosch put me onto them when I phoned them about some replacement bits for my garden shreader. The price of parts were not as bad as I expected, and they were very helpful.

If you want a decent one, then I have been pleased with my Makita 4340TC and would recommend it.

Reply to
John Rumm