Bosch washing nmachine pump

I recently had to replace the pump on my WFL2000 washing machine as the old pump was randomly failing to start. On examining the old pump I can find nothing wrong with the impeller mechanism, which leads me to believe its probably the small capacitor (used for starting the pump? - it has no brushes). Does anyone know if this could be the likely reason and if so what kind of capacitor should I replace it with if I experience a similar problem in future? (I can't read the description on the capacitor body).

old
I take it taking the new pump apart is out of the question!?
Sparks...
Wayne Kerr wrote:

Could be the capacitor, yes. The capacitor does indeed start the brushless motor.
You need to know the value of the capacitor. You say you can't read the value on it - why not? It will be a number(s) followed by a letter(s), like 2.2uF or even 2u2.
--
Grunff