DerbyBorn

is that a tongue in your cheek? ;>))

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

The big home-name banks all did it?

Reply to
Tim Watts

We've got a Miele washing machine - it came with a 10 year warranty and cost about £600. So far we've had two engineer call outs for minor issues and no charges.

It's a rock solid (and very heavy) appliance and I reckon worth the extra, especially with such a long warranty.

The previous machine blew its bearings after two years (a large capacity LG I think).

We also have a Miele dishwasher after the previous Bosch exploded - it blew the door open.

E.

Reply to
eastender

In how long?

Its not going to be like the last Hotpoint I had, that lasted over 20 years and had no call outs.

If the wife didn't want a washer dryer I think it would still be going.

Reply to
dennis

It's about six years old - both call outs were really for issues we caused so we should have been charged - first time detergent blocking internal line and flooding the bottom pan, second time banging on fast spin traced to a foot nut that had worked itself a bit loose...

You can be lucky with these things but with three kids our machine is on once, often twice a day. The Miele engineer who came the second time said she'd previously been at Hotpoint and the machines are not in the same class as Miele.

E.

Reply to
eastender

I'm pretty sure that mine is caused by the machine being moved too many times.

Reply to
Mark