Bosch Washing machine WFF1401 won't switch on

If I hold the switch it operates OK but if not then it won't stay switched = on. Could it just be that I need a new switch or is it possible that the m= achine is refusing to stay turned on due to another problem? If the latter= I'm thinking may as well get a new machine as it's quite old now. It seem= s to drain OK and water comes in so that's me out of ideas! TC

Reply to
TC

Only you know if the switch used to stay in but now does not, assuming this is the case I'd say try a switch and see, it must be pence to buy, and the only issue is can you change it easily.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Could it just be that I need a new switch or is it possible that the machine is refusing to stay turned on due to another problem? If the latter I'm thinking may as well get a new machine as it's quite old now. It seems to drain OK and water comes in so that's me out of ideas!

It looks like it's a conventional mechanically latching switch, and the latch mechanism has worn out.

Simple enough job to replace, but a repair man is still going to charge you plenty.

DIY options are

1) replace it yourself.

2) Disable it in the ON position by removing the return spring, or shorting out the two poles.

3) Or if you want a less invasive solution, you could super-glue the button in the ON position. Best to have the mains plug accessible as an alternative method of turning it off.
Reply to
Graham.