bosch washing machine help

Help,
I've got a coin stuck inside the drum of my washing machine which makes a clanking noise at certain times. I'm convinced it's going to cause some damage long term so need to get it out. Anyone ever done this?
I phoned a service engineer and he did the classic sharp intake of breath and quoted lots of things to be done to get things out of the drum and the quoted 38 just to appear at the door plus 32 per hour on top of that (plus parts).
Thanks
--
John Kelly

Remove dimspam if replying by mail
| Help, | | I've got a coin stuck inside the drum of my washing machine which makes | a clanking noise at certain times. I'm convinced it's going to cause | some damage long term so need to get it out. Anyone ever done this? | | I phoned a service engineer and he did the classic sharp intake of | breath and quoted lots of things to be done to get things out of the | drum and the quoted 38 just to appear at the door plus 32 per hour on | top of that (plus parts). | | Thanks | -- | John Kelly | | Remove dimspam if replying by mail
take off the seal around the door and tilt the machine forward. hopefully you should be able to see it and get it out.
rpm
There's a NG for domestic appliances, very helpful lot if this advice does not do the trick.

try removing the sump hose and see if you can reach it from there, the chances are that it is in the pump anyway.