Bosch washing machine error code

Our Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express WFX2467 washing machine has come to halt mid-cycle showing an error code F04. It won't restart and the display now shows an image of a key.

Anyone with any thoughts on what F04 might mean?

TIA.

Hmmm. Further investigation shows it means 'half a dozen curtain hooks stuck in the drain impeller'.

The Operator (AKA Management) says it's never happened before...

Ahh, did it happen to mention the fault code for two and a half bra wires in the impeller or is it a generic type of code?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

36B?

The message from F contains these words:

36B wouldn't be likely to be wired.
Reply to
Guy King

Depends.

It certainly is in Silicone Valley.

Reply to
Andy Hall

According to the manual supplied with the machine (

- Loose debris is blocking the pump - Cleaning the drain Pump refer to Page 42. F04 - Drainage pipe and/or drainage hose blocked - Clean drainage pipe and/or drainage hose

Reply to
Woby Tide

Thanks for that! All of the paperwork for the machine appears to have gone walkabout...

Dear Clint Please help. I know what F04 is but I can't get the wretched pump cap to come off to see what is lurking in there. I have tried turning it and pulling it but it won't budge. Can you help me. Ann Ingle

Reply to
anningle

Just unscrew it anti-clockwise. You may wish to check first that the machine is empty of water: pull out the flexible tube just to the left of the drain impeller cap and pull the rubber plug out of the end whilst holding it over a bowl.

No, once the pump cover won't come out it won't come out and you end up buying a new pump and housing (you can't get just the housing). I know :o(

You may get away with wrecking it out with a screwdriver and bodging it up with mastic or something while you wait for the new pump.

Reply to
Bob Mannix