Bosch Pressure washers - opinions please

Hi All,

I'm considering buying a pressure washer mainly for for path and patio cleaning.

I'm drawn towards Bosch models as I can buy these on very good discount terms however there is clearly no point in buying a pup however good the discount is.

Has anyone got any experience of Bosch models- good or bad please.

Bosch normally have a policy of buying up companies to get into new market areas.A few years back they bougth Qualcast and Atco to get into Lawnmowers.

Does anyone know who they bought to get into pressure washers?

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob,

I believe they are re-badged Karchers.

Reply to
IMM

I answered a point in an earlier thread about Karchers and love mine. If you have a heavily soiled path etc. then one of the best accessories that makes hell of a difference is Karchers 'dirtblaster'. The extra power of my Karcher and using this tool has left a very noticeable difference between my drive and the neighbours who only has a standard lance and a less powerful machine. The only point I'm making is get a powerful one, and try and get one that takes this accessory if you think you may need it. B&Q's own Performance Pro washer comes with this accessory too. In the longer term make sure you can get replacement hoses etc. Although they are dear in the shops, at least Karchers have all the bits readily available widely.

Reply to
Brownie

Well I took the plunge and bought a Bosch AHR 1500 and I'm very pleased with it. There looks to be some Karcher link-up although karcher accessories don't fit it directly. It comes with an adjustable lance and a rotating ball, Dirt Blaster' type lance very similar to the Karcher. By way of a thank you to this NG readers who have help me many times, if anyone wants one of these and is prepared to collect from me in Southampton area, I can get them at half normal retail price. Please contact me direct.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin