Bosch pressure washer spitting the hose off.

No need. Fitted another with gismo and it works ok.

Reply to
Paul

Yes. I have a box of these things, some work fine, some drip and some just fall of the fitting.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

You have a dripping c*ck?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

I had trouble with a Hozelock branded fitting. The swivelling of the spray head had worn the moving bit down and then it didn't stay open when you plugged it in. Cheap plastic inside an alloy shell that I won't recommend.

Reply to
dennis

hi paul got the same problem on my bosch works ok on standard connection but spits the valve type connection off does the same on titan pressure washer

used a male to male connector and a small extension hose using standard valves No more problems wanted to keep the valve connector on my garden hose reel seems to me it is the design of the male connection on the newer pressure washers that is the problem ?? [retired engineer ]

Reply to
peter.writeidea

Inlet hose or outlet?

Reply to
TMH

My hose reel is fitted with a "waterstop" connector at the end, my nilfisk pressure washer will sometimes pop the connector off its inlet if the connector isn't pushed-on cleanly.

Making sure the connector is pushed on firmly and squarely, then giving it a twist and a tug to check is generally enough to make sure it stays on.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The male part of the hose connection on my pressure washer is screwed on and the washer itself has the same thread as a garden tap. My hose used to pop off as well and simply changing both the male and female hose connectors for a new, matched pair solved it. Wear in either component, slight size or shape differences from different manufacturers, even dirt in the retaining mechanism, can all cause problems.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

The waterstop connector is causing the problem, replace it or remove the disc & spring.

Reply to
TMH

I realise that, the P/W instructions do recommend against using one.

But I like having the waterstop end so I can switch from P/W to rinsing with a hoze nozzle without going back to turn off at the tap, and with care when connecting, it's rarely a problem.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I just fold my hose to stop the water if I want to change an attachment. I find the waterstop valves too restrictive.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Just saying- there's quick-connect things without waterstop but a full-bore ball valve instead.

Googling says it's a "Hose Connector with Control Valve".

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer