Bosch PMF10e Problem

HI all I previously posted about a problem with this... strted to need tapping on the side for it to start, eventually wouldnt start.. out of warranty so I decided to take it aprt and have a look.

Couldnt find any broken wires - all the electronic components looked ok. One puzzle,there is a black wire with some axial component covered in heatshrink and terminating in a bare wire about 3cm long this was bent sort of slightly Z shaped. This wire fitted into a small slot in te casing. When assemled it looks like that this wire should contact the metal outer case of the motor. I reasoned that the axial component could be a thermal fuse and that its some sort of safety interlock. Stops it working if overheated or the case was open....

On the chance that this wire wasn't making contact I made the z-bend a little more pronouced and re-assembled it - well it now works!! Unfortunatly I didnt think it would solve the problem so I failed miserablbly in taking photos :-(

What do you think of the reasoning ????

Reply to
Ghostrecon

HI all I previously posted about a problem with this... started to need tapping on the side for it to start, eventually wouldnt start.. out of warranty so I decided to take it apart and have a look.

Couldn't find any broken wires - all the electronic components looked ok. One puzzle, there is a black wire with some axial component covered in heatshrink and terminating in a bare wire about 3cm long this was bent sort of slightly Z shaped. This wire fitted into a small slot in the casing. When assembled it looks like that this wire should contact the metal outer case of the motor. I reasoned that the axial component could be a thermal fuse and that its some sort of safety interlock. Stops it working if overheated or the case was open....

On the chance that this wire wasn't making contact I made the z-bend a little more pronounced and re-assembled it - well it now works!! Unfortunatly I didn't think it would solve the problem so I failed miserably in taking photos :-(

What do you think of the reasoning ????

Reply to
Ghostrecon

It sounds like a sprung loaded contact intended to press against the motor casing to make a connection. Either through corrosion or lack of pressure the connection wasn't good enough to make all the time (hence the thump got it working) and you've fixed it.

Reply to
Scott M