Bosch paint scraper (electrical machine)

Hi There

about a year ago I saw something (advert or something) for a Bosch electric paint-scraper looked in the picture something like an angle grinder only smaller ((& without a big circular blade !))

sort of made a mental note to investigate & buy one ...

Now I have a lot of paint scraping to do - big flat areas of wood to clean off.. I look to try & get one and cann't find anything on t'interwebby thing.

Any idea (a) what it might be called (b) does anyone other than Bosch make such a thing (c) does anyone out there have any experience with such a thing ??

Hopefully.....

Cheers

bluesky

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Bosch PMF-180E.

Reply to
Scott M

Ferm. Comes with a TC tipped scraper blade and doubles as a sander. I've got mixed opinions of it, sometimes it really helps, often it just isnt needed. Its useful for other jobs too, cutting lumps of stuff off, and blunt cutting tasks etc, but it only has so much cutting power, its not an SDS replacement.

NT

Reply to
NT

A fantastic tool - Ive used mine for cutting floorboards, cutting water pipe, carving finials, aggresive sanding, removing tiles..

havent tried the scraper bit yet, but I did buy one of each tool bit.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

I scraped most of the paint off old roof timbers with a small anglegrinder and a wirebrushy disk in it.

Flapper disks also scrape off paint.

depends.

But get a bosch PMF too - theyre great!

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Thanks for the replies - I'll try Lidl first on the basis that GBP

16.99 is a manageable investment...

Cheers

bluesky

Perhaps the Bosch PSE-180E electric scraper/carver?

It's discontinued AFAICS, having been only partially replaced by the PMF-180E.

It doesn't do sawing/sanding like the Ferm or Bosch but has vibrating scraper and chisel blades for wood-carving, etc. It's excellent for scraping years of lino stuck to quarry-tiled floor and makes short work of Artex or similar finishes... Also very useful for a quick carving job to match something there already, which the PMF can't do.

Reply to
John Weston