Bosch Maxx washing machine

Hi, my Bosch Maxx WFL2260 has developed a fault whereby the drum has stopped turning. It still fills and empties with water, but no movement at all. There seems to be activity within the machine with regard to noises etc, but thats it. Any clues?

Ta, Angus.

Reply to
Fentoozler

If the noises you here are water entering the machine, and being pumped away then the most likely fault is motor brushes. If you can hear the main motor whining away then its ya belt.

Reply to
Graham

In message , Fentoozler writes

Cheapest thing to check first is the drum motors brushes. They may have a pin that pops out when they get too short and pushes the brush away from the cummutator to prevent damage..

Make sure you isolate power completely when meddling with the motor. I repeat that washing machines are one of the highest factors on domestic electrocutions for DIY'ers.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

local washing machine repair man to fit and supply.

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy