Bosch Logixx fridge/freezer

The temperature in the freezer section of my Bosch fridge / freezer has started to drop.

I should be able to set it between -16 and -24 and for the last 3 years it has been steady at -20 but it is now -32 and dropping by about 1 degree per day.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Leave it - when it gets to -274 flog it for a fortune to the science community and buy a new one ;-)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Controller or temperature sensor possibly. The logixx is electronically controlled isn't it? This isn't a problem that you normally get with a freezer with a simple thermostatic control, so I'm betting on the electronics.

It will stabilise at some lower temp, I'd be surprised if it will go much lower than -35. At the expense of the compressor running flat out (which I assume it must be) I don;t think it's going to do any harm in the very short term whilst you consider your options.

Would you fix it yourself? If so, look here for parts and diagrams - just used them, they are good.

Tim S

its not on fast freeze is it ?

Reply to
powerstation

That would indeed be the simple answer I completely ignored :)

Reply to
Tim S

Thanks, Tim, that's what I was after. I worked in electronics for 40 years so I stand a bit of a chance with a decent circuit diagram!

I switched it off for 10 minutes yesterday. When I switched back on the temp started to rise (got to -26 by bedtime) but was down to -32 this morning. No, the compressor isn't running flat out. I thought maybe just a false reading but it does seem colder than usual inside the freezer.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Martin

No, and fast freeze drops off automatically after an hour or two.

Reply to
Bob Martin