Bosch dishwasher SHV 4131GB/17 no water !

our 6 year old dishwasher won't let any water into the machine. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Jane Conyers

My Bosch has done that in the past. It was caused by one of the internal pipes clogging up and causing water to come out somewhere it shouldn't. The base of the machine is sealed, so any water leak internally will fill up the base, activate the sensor, and shut it down before it floods the entire kitchen. To clear the water out of the base, tip the machine backwards to about 30 degrees. That may be enough to clear the problem temporarily, but you'll need to take it apart to declog it properly, or to find the leak.

dan.

Reply to
Freshford Village Webmaster

Check the overflow float-switch at the bottom. It may well have either lifted because there's a leak, or in some other way failed.

Reply to
Skipweasel