Bosch dishwasher repeatedly blows fuses & sparks near power cord

I have a Bosch Exxcel diswasher (code on back of machine is

5600041012/04/154/05:52).

The other day, part way through the cycle there was a bang and the machine lost power. The fuse had blown and when I changed it and optimistically plugged it in again there was another bang and again the machine had no power. As I had the back exposed this time I did notice the light from an electrical spark coming somewhere around the back. I also noticed black sooty marks around a small panel where the power cord enters the machine (like the spark had happened just behind the panel).

If I could remove the panel I would like to see if it is a simple electrical fault that I could fix. The panel looks removable but I can't seem to do it. It looks like it is clipped into the back of the machine. It slides left to right a little as if clipped into a track inside.

Can you suggest how to get the panel open and what the fault could be?

Reply to
Laurence

Need the model number. Usually on the top edge of the front door, engraved on the stainless steel. The ENR/FD number.

If I could remove the panel I would like to see if it is a simple

On my Bosch, there was a similar panel covering the hose connection (I needed to replace the hose). It needed to be released from behind, with a silly small hole for access. In the end I (accidentally) broke the clip. I drilled a hole in the tow visible parts of the clip and bolted it back together! (have a new clip now, for next time)

There are exploded diagrams of Bosch machines. Get that number and look it up...that may give you a clue. Start at:

follow the spare parts link.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Might well be - a mains filter.