Bosch dishwasher repair

Does anyone know anyone in the Edinburgh/Falkirk area that can repair Bosch dishwashers, it's just over two years old I think and it's not heating water anymore. It also sticks on 1 minute to finish for about an hour.

Speaking to someone who know about these appliances but who doesn't actually fix them, he reckons the electric board needs replaced.

I am loathe to call Bosch themselves due to their rip off call out charge, repeat visits, inability to provide a narrow time window and lousy customer service.

thanks

Reply to
Craig Cockburn

The message from Craig Cockburn contains these words:

Sounds like the heating element - why not whip the back off, find the element's terminals and see if it's open circuit.

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Guy King writes

Would I need a circuit tester for that?

Reply to
Craig Cockburn

The message from Craig Cockburn contains these words:

Just a cheap multimeter from Maplin for a fiver - or even just a battery and blub.

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Guy King writes

It might be, but there was a Bosch DW in this house when we moved in, it wasn't heating. Investigating it, it seems there are a number of Bosch DW models where there is a common problem with the PCB, as the OP suggests - I haven't bothered to fix it as we had the one from our old house so I juts put that in instead.

Reply to
chris French